Innovative Car Safety Features
Write a Review
Let me give u a scary thought to catch, say you are driving your car and you take a glance at your phone and suddenly a vehicle ahead applies brake and… spine-chilling isn’t it. What if your car can brake itself automatically, sounds lifesaving right? But in this era this technological idea is not hypothetical anymore, it exists and is among several technological advancements present right now, we can consider them technological breakthrough in terms of safer car rides.
Here is an overview of several of these life saving features to consider for your next car.
- Electronic Stability Control- It is designed to assist drivers in maintaining the control of their vehicle during extreme Steering maneuvers, it senses fishtailing when vehicle is starting to spin out or plow out, and it automatically applies brake for the related wheel which is intended to reduce the risk of crash in case vehicle gets out of control.
- Adaptive Cruise Control- This is an advance crash avoidance system which incorporates a forward radar type sensor and a camera to monitor the distance from the forward moving vehicle, and system will automatically reduce its speed to slow down the vehicle in traffic in order to maintain proper distance with forward vehicle without any assistance from the vehicle. It catches up the preset speed again when lane clears up.
- Forward Collision System- This is a pre-crash system employing those same forward radar sensors which reciprocates a warning for the driver when vehicle is getting too close to something.
- Autonomous Braking- These systems are able to brake automatically in order to prevent a crash in case driver does not respond to the warning system, these combinations are most effective.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS) - This system prevents vehicle wheels from locking in case of panic braking allowing driver to have a better steering control over the vehicle. Although it does not guarantee to avoid crash.
- Traction Control- Traction control system improves vehicle stability by restraining the amount of drive wheels can slip when throttle is provided, it basically adjusts the power output from the engine, while in several systems it exert braking force on the individual wheel during acceleration.
- Brake Assist- This system works by diagnosing the speed or pressure by which brake pedals has been pressed and boosts the braking force as required.
- Adaptive Headlights- This technology allows driver to see better, travelling on a curved path and is surprisingly effective with its performance as the claims fell as much as 10 percent with adaptive headlights.