How to Buy a Car

Write a Review

How to Buy a Car

I have heard from many that they hate process of buying a car as buyers have to deal with pushy, limited knowledge car salesmen which can be extremely frustrating. However, buying a car at some point in time is a reality that we all have to face. We recommend a thorough research before you step into a car dealership.

I’ve compiled a list of important car buying steps that you should follow. Following the advice in this article will help you save money, time (=money), get the best deal, and hopefully, reduce the amount of stress involved with purchasing a vehicle.

 

  1. Do Your Research

I am sure you have heard of the old adage that knowledge is power. It’s a mistake to arrive at a car without researching the car you want to buy. You can find out just about anything you want to know about a car online. CarInsight.com is a great places to start researching about cars.

Your goal should be to find “Total” price of the car, not just the Car List Price. “Total” price includes atleast Car price with Insurance and Registration. CarInsight.com has taken car research to the highest level and provides complete information from start i.e knowing about the brand to product, price, promotions and aftersales as well.   

 

  1. Negotiate Terms

Purchasing a new car is one of the most important investments you will make in life, next to buying a house. In fact, you may be paying off this car for the next few years. Let the salespeople know that you’re not going to be taken for a ride.

 

  1. Don’t Mention Your Trade-In

You should play your cards close to you in all aspects of car-buying process, especially when it comes to mentioning your trade-in. Do not mention your trade-in until the end of the buying process. Negotiate these two aspects of car-buying process separately. First, negotiate the best possible deal you can get for the car you want to buy, then go to work on getting the most for your trade-in. 

 

  1. Factor in Insurance Costs

Factor costs for car insurance premiums into the purchase price of your car. The cost of insuring a car is a major factor in the overall cost of the vehicle. Get insurance premium quotes online by providing information about the car’s make and model and personal information including age, marital status, and driving record.

 

  1. Factor in Finance Costs

Factor costs for finance cost (interest) into the purchase price of your car. The cost of interest is a major factor in the overall cost of the vehicle. 

 

  1. Avoid Impulse Buying

Prevent impulse buying by conducting extensive research before you buy a vehicle. Buying a car on a whim is a risky endeavor. You might realize after it’s too late that you can’t afford the car, or you may find that the performance of the car just doesn’t meet your expectations.

By researching the make, model, and style of the car, and reviewing insurance rates and financing, you should be able to put yourself in a car that you will enjoy for many years to come.

 

  1. Always Test Drive the Car

80% of people who buy a new car test drive it first. Do not be among the other 20%. You want to test drive the car for many reasons. There are some cars that you just won’t feel comfortable driving. If this is the case, move on.

If you have children, bring them along on the test drive, so they can give their honest assessment of the car. In addition to comfort, look for the following:

  • Noise & vibration: The car should be smooth and quiet.
  • View: Make sure the view from each of the mirrors is clear.
  • Controls: Ensure that everything is easy to use. Some people find their fingers are too big to handle certain buttons.
  • Handling and Brakes: Make sure the car responds when you push the accelerator or brakes.

 

     8.  Buy a Car You Can Afford

If you are considering buying another car before your current vehicle is paid off, you need to seriously reassess whether or not you can really afford to buy another car.

Finally, buying a car is a major purchase, and it’s important to research each and every aspect of the process. Educate yourself so you can go into negotiations well-prepared to get the best possible deal.

 

Post Your Review

(Click to rate on scale of 1-5)

Type the characters shown above.

Most Visited Brands